Thursday, October 28, 2010

Daily Grind

One of my fears (stupid fear again) is that in having a blog I will portray myself in a light that isn't completely accurate. Like that I never raise my voice, I wake up with a smile on my face and spring in my step, am always happy to give my children what they ask of me........blah, blah, blah. Far from the truth! So to keep things real I will show you some of the "fun" from the past few days. What is this you ask? This is glorious crayola paint that is water based! Eden had been asking to paint for a day or two so I assured her when Heidi was taking her nap we would set her loose to create a masterpiece. I just didn't anticipate the masterpiece would be all over the floor and walls!!
In fact, part of the finished product ended up on the beautiful artist herself. Notice the tears streaking down her cheeks? I had left the kitchen to help Shane with something and came back to her crying and looking like this. She told me she was shaking the paint before taking off the lid. Apparently the lid was already loose and this is the final product.

Do you think there may be a chance the doctor asks about her inner ear being green the next time we have a check-up?
She also has taken to swinging on various curtains throughout the house. I noticed the curtain rod in Tristan's room was a little crooked last week and upon asking what had happened I was told Eden was swinging on the curtain. So we had a nice little chat about curtains being for windows and not for acrobatics! I guess it really sunk into her little brain since she tried again today in her room. Except this time the curtain rod was the cheap kind that doesn't stand up to childish antics.
Yes.....this innocent little girl can put a hurting on both people and property. Heidi is wearing the teeth marks today of Eden's wrath.
A friend of mine stopped by for a visit last week and my little ones acted as though they haven't seen a baby in next to forever. Poor child was nearly mulled by these seemingly innocent children.
And here is my sweet Shane who loves the little ones so much. Except for right now as he is elbowing Eden on the couch. She doesn't seem to understand personal space yet or simply doesn't care about other people's personal space. My hunch is the latter.
Heidi discovered the sand box last week. She loved the feel of the sand in her finger.
I overheard Tristan yesterday crying with much gusto and saying, "Eden almost killed me!" Upon further investigation I learned Eden stuck her tongue out at him. Who knew that the simple act of sticking your tongue out could nearly cause the death of someone?
Yes.....I need to devote a post to Miss E again sometime. But for now I need to get packing for the cabin. We are once again headed to the mountains for the weekend which means lots of preparation.

4 comments:

Ellen T said...

this was absolutely the funniest yet!!! way to go kids!

Ellen T said...

this was so funny Becky...I love your kids, they crack me up and so do you!!!

Katie said...

I love it! I've been wanting to post pictures of my messy house on my blog and I actually took off a family picture of us cuz I thought it made us look too perfect. (Which is ridiculous). But anyway, I love love that there's someone else out there with four kids and a coo coo house! Thanks!

Katie said...

er...five kids.