Friday, October 15, 2010

18 Months Old

How is it that my little sweet pea is 18 months old already? She really is sweet in every way! Except for the killer screaming fits she has begun! Other than the fits she is pure sweetness. With a dash of mischief for good measure! She is an accomplished and expert climber! I find her in many precarious positions but so far she has escaped relatively unscathed. Except for her fall off of the toilet in which her face met up with the sink in a very personal way which resulted in beautiful bruises and lots of blood. But it didn't deter her for too long. She is back to standing on the toilet to turn the light on and off.

She was definitely not an "easy" baby. And still doesn't sleep all that well. *gasp* Go ahead and critique my parental abilities. I am okay with it. For now I enjoy snuggling with her in our bed at various times of the night. I could do without her need to have her feet propped up on my body while she sleeps but it goes far too quickly. I remember when I was pregnant with Tristan that every morning Judah and Shane would come snuggle in bed with me after Mark left for work. And there comes a day when they no longer need that snuggle to feel as connected and it becomes rather inappropriate as well. So, for now I will muddle through the last fleeting months of lousy sleep to soak in, breathe in and feel my little girl nestled against my body. Because after all....she is our beautiful, surprise blessing for which we thank God everyday for being so generous to us!

No comments: