Thursday, May 6, 2010

You Know Summertime Fun Has Arrived When...

Your daughter presents herself with a head full of sand....
When the same daughter shows up at the kitchen door attempting to blow on a ram's horn with hardly any clothes on and mud covering her entire body.....

When your son arrives on the heels of his sister quite distressed at his messy state....

When your find your children playing at the muddy creek which is the culprit for the mud that covers your children at any given time on any given day....
When you find your daughter playing in the water again (and the jug with the holes is the one peeing this time - thank goodness)
When you find your son riding his bike after a long hiatus from his injured leg...yippee!!
When you find your son spreading dandelion seeds all over the yard when his father just sprayed those exact weed/flowers a few days earlier...
And summertime fun tuckers out little ones. Is there anything more precious than a thumb sucking babe?
I take no responsibility for the children in this photo. Must have been a rainy day.

Sweet child!
Dirty child!
Dirty and sweet children.

Heidi with her little cupcake on her first birthday!

I think this expression is priceless!! Oh....the glee!
Unsure of the mess and the sweetness! That is okay though. We found Eden under Heidi's chair literally licking up the crumbs. I didn't know whether to laugh or be grossed out so I laughed!!
And that, my friends, is why I haven't posted in a week. We have been a bit busy with many, many baths! And doing loads and loads of laundry since my children think they need to change every time they get wet! And I did find Eden out on the little bridge one day stark naked!! Good thing we do not live next to a road or people would seriously wonder about us.

2 comments:

Beautiful Mess said...

Awww.... I loved that!

Happy Summertime! Man, the pics of the kids you take no responsibility for is great!

Priceless times!

Ellen T said...

I loved this little group of pictures and stories and now I know I really miss you guys. I will come see you when I return from world travels.
Ellen