Thursday, September 11, 2008

Smooshed Thumb

Here are the boys earlier this week working hard at their schooling. They have been doing really good and I am quite proud of them. It is very rewarding for me to watch their progress.
Tristan got in on the action that day as well. He seems to be gaining an increasing awareness that he is like his brothers and he wants to be involved in everything they do. Judah and Shane do so well with him. They take him outside to play and try to involve him in things they are doing a few times a day. I love watching them interact.
Tristan stopped his coloring to give me a smile. So sweet!
Now, I must say this picture doesn't do the damage a whole lot of justice. Other than the fact that you can see Tristan's nail is askew. He got his finger pinched in a door at church on Sunday as we were leaving. It is a very heavy door and he somehow got his thumb pinched in the hinge side of the door. Today his thumb is looking very purple and I think he may be fighting an infection. The doctor gave him an antibiotic since it is really hard to keep it adequately cleaned. The doctor also thinks the tip is probably fractured but there isn't anything they can do. That would be our first fracture at this house. He tells pretty much anyone who will listen, "Boo-boo. And it closed." His version of the door closed and I got a boo-boo.

Oh...here's something funny. Judah came down the stairs two days ago and he was very teary. When we asked him what was wrong he said this: "I was working on something with my lego's and put a small piece in my mouth until I was ready to use it. I accidentally swallowed it. What is going to happen?" He was so worried and all we could do was laugh. We assured him that he will be fine and that he will in fact poop it out. Yesterday he came to me still worried and informed me that he is pretty sure it hasn't exited his body yet. And was I sure he would be all right?

No comments: