Friday, September 26, 2008

Happenings

Here is miss personality with her baby! She is becoming increasingly verbal which is shocking. Everything I have read would have led me to believe that her verbal skills may be delayed simply because she didn't have exposure to English before she was 10 months old. Well.....she is talking earlier than any of our boys and is very emphatic about most things. Two days ago she walked around the house with a very stern look on her face yelling, "don't, don't, don't" over and over. She also tells me when she has pooped now. She tells me "poppy" and points to her little bottom. She likes to sit on the potty seat and pretend she is going "poppy". I am taking this as a very positive sign since she will only be 16 months next week. She likes to tell me "no" when I ask her something or instruct her to do something. On the flip side she does tell me she loves me too and likes to give kisses. I look at her sometimes and am amazed that she has been with us 6 months already.
One morning this week she was enjoying taking care of her baby. She likes to feed the baby and of course stop to smile for me. Every time she sees the camera she gets out her biggest and best smile for me.
Tristan is extremely territorial lately and everything in this house belongs to him. Everything!! Here he is taking Eden's baby and she isn't happy about it. She goes right after him now and will full out tackle him to get back what he has taken.
All is well again and baby is being fed properly.
And apparently Tristan is very happy about the trauma he just caused on both Eden and the baby. This little guy is also beginning to initiate sitting on the potty but rarely leaves anything behind. This is okay though. I have never pushed any of my kids to use the potty but just kind of followed their lead. He has had hives on and off all week this week. I don't know if they are making him miserable or if he just doesn't like life all the much
right now. Wow!! Can this child scream. He has had so many time outs this week that the time out chair is getting a permanent dent in it. Here is Judah harvesting his pumpkins. He informed Shane that if he isn't going to help him very much than they will not split the money down the middle. He is a shrewd business man. We told Shane that that is how things work - you get paid for your work. Shane isn't nearly as interested in making money as Judah. Judah worked hard last year and again this year while raising his pumpkins. The pumpkins didn't do as well this year so he won't make as much loot. He has sold a few so far but we need to get working on his sales.
I think he only got somewhere around 30 pumpkins this year as opposed to his 50-60 last year. Oh well. It will still be a good amount of money for a 5 and 7 year old.
And I will leave you with a picture that I love. When I was a little girl I vividly remember laying in the sun spots on our living room floor on cold winter mornings. I just loved the warmth of the sun. Now...it wasn't particularly cold on this morning but the two munchkins each got a pillow and snuggled on the floor for a bit. They giggled and giggled - I guess they thought they were clever or cute. Or maybe both!

2 comments:

steffany said...

That last picture is so cute.
Who's idea was the pumpkin business. It was brilliant.
I'm glad you found my blog. I wasn't there that day at the embassy. I went to the first appt when we got turned down. It was crushing, so God bless my husband he went without me the next time. Sorry I missed you there.

Ellen T said...

I love it! Nice stories. They all have such fun little lives to share.