Sunday, September 28, 2008

Lazy Days

Why is it that Sunday afternoon rolls around and everyone just seems a little lazy? At least that happens at our house. The church we attend has 5 different services to choose from since we have outgrown our facility. What I like about the different options is that sometimes we go on Saturday evenings so we have the whole day on Sunday to just relax and spend time together. We did actually get everyone up this morning and go to one of the earlier services (9:15) so we were home by 11:30. We had some lunch, lounged around and then ventured outside to the soggy yard. Actually, Mark took all the kiddos outside so I could work on the billing for last month. And here I sit blogging instead. (I am finished with the billing so.....)The kids always seem to enjoy going outside with daddy more than myself. Could it be because he lets them get as dirty as they possibly can and doesn't stop them? Today they are just playing in the left-over water from the rain last night and this morning. I tried to get a picture of Tristan's water logged pants but he kept running away.
And here is Eden eating a popsicle while perched on one of her favorite things - her daddy's mowers. I don't know why she likes the mowers so much but she is always climbing on them.
Notice the dark lever in front of her leg? Yeah...her mouth met that a few minutes after this picture was taken. A slight bloody lip but she didn't want anything to do with coming inside yet. Her hands look like little prunes from playing in the puddles.
For some reason this picture will not rotate for me. We were watching the wonderful Penn State game last night and Tristan fell asleep on the floor. It was priceless!
When I picked him up and carried him to bed he muttered only two things: "oh, my pillow" with a very contented sigh and "go eagles". We are training him real well.

This is my little boy after church today. I couldn't resist his blue eyes! And I can't figure out when his hair bleached out. Someone actually asked me if I put something in his hair to help it lighten. I'm sure my puzzled and slightly aghast look was the only answer they really needed.
On another note I stumbled onto a blog the other day that left me so, so excited! I was checking in on a family who just returned a few weeks ago with their little boy and just happened to click on one of the links on their sidebar. As I started reading I was blown away by this couples adoption story. So vastly different from ours. While ours was filled with a lot of ease in the transition and minor medical issues their journey was fraught with difficulties. And not just with the twins they brought home but also the three failed adoptions. As I read further my excitement grew. I suddenly realized I saw the husband at the embassy the day of my embassy appointment with Eden. I didn't personally talk with him but some other people that was in his group. Why I distinctly remember him is because I met a young Ethiopian man whose wife was pregnant with their second child and they were making arrangements for his wife to come to the states so she could receive adequate medical treatment. Their first child had died at 8 1/2 months in utero from preclampsia (I think) and they were very scared about the outcome of this pregnancy. Turns out the blog I stumbled onto is the couple who brought this Ethiopian man's wife home!! What a small, small world. I know this sounds somewhat jumbled and confused but suffice it to say I am delighted to know how things are going for this young woman (who just happens to be an Olympic runner for Ethiopia as well). The honesty of the adopting mother in her blogs is what initially grabbed me - it is just an added bonus that I have a small connection with them. If you have 30 minutes and would like to read their story just click on www.toliveloveandlaughtoday.blogspot.com It is well worth your time to read about their little babies. Just for a preview to peak your interest - when they arrived in Ethiopia to bring them home neither of the children weighed 10 pounds - at 22 months old!!!! They would have died within a week! Talk about the perfect timing of our Father!!!

1 comment:

steffany said...

Thank you so much for posting about Gadese and her story. It means so much to me.