Thursday, September 4, 2008

A few more wedding pics

We opted to leave these two little turkeys at home. We figured they would have much more fun at home and we would have a lot more fun at the wedding without them in tow. I called the babysitter at 7:30 to see how they were doing and this is what I heard: "They are both asleep already." What??? They never and I mean never go to bed at 7:30!! I was able to really enjoy the rest of the evening knowing they were asleep and kind of dreading the earlier wakeup time the next morning. Turns out they both slept until 8:00 the next am! Really weird....but wonderful!
This is another one of my favorite photos from the wedding. The girls were obviously getting tired of pictures. Here is Yuan a.k.a. Diana! I know her as Diana and will probably always call her Diana. She is so, so much fun! She used to live in the area and moved to Philly a little over three years ago. She is just starting law school and she is very urban mission minded. I love that about her. She is passionate about inner city kids especially.
All the sisters again. What is it like having five daughters? Seems a little scary to me.
Mark's mom is a psalmist and writes beautiful music. She is leaving an amazing legacy to her children and grandchildren. Her music is by far some of my favorite! She wrote a new song for the wedding out of Song of Songs 4 - the verse "You have stolen my heart, my sister, my bride." It was the first time I heard the song and as always was moved to tears.
In other news we had our 6 month post placement yesterday for our little cherub. I cannot believe it is time for our second post-placement visit already. It went well and now we only have one more visit and report to submit. I am more in love with her all the time. Although I am not appreciating her stubbornness. She can be quite obstinate and would much rather ignore us than listen. Well...I hear fighting in the living room so I must run.

No comments: