Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The past few days

Friday of last week I took the boys to a local cavern - Lincoln Caverns. They were so fascinated and amazed by everything we saw underground.
They were so quiet as the guide took us through the cave and explained things to us. But.....when she asked if they had any questions Judah just started chatting with her about all sorts of stuff. One of the things I love about these two boys is that they have no problem carrying on a conversation with adults and don't seem in anyway intimidated.
Saturday we went into my Mom's for the evening to hang out with our family and some extended family. I was making some dessert to take along and Tristan asked for the spatula. So...I gave it to him and soon Eden was begging too. He shared so nicely with her.

He would take a lick and then she would take a lick. There was a lot of giggling and messy faces but oh so sweet!!

Just a few minutes ago Shane came to me all serious and said, "Mom. Do you know why boys rule? It's because of Jesus and God." Say what??!! Apparently he got this very valid information from his cousin Riley. I love the things that seem so vitally important to little boys. Like power. And who is the strongest. And that they rule - I guess. Anyway, I better go and check to see how his kingdom is doing.

Oh. And we made yet another trip to the doctor this morning. Eden woke up with a high fever (102.2) and a very swollen gland again. At the beginning of July she had a very swollen gland that we were concerned may abscess but the antibiotics worked wonders. Well, now here we are again with the same lymph node or gland that is once again huge and swollen and causing these nice high fevers. Poor little girl just lays there with big sad eyes and wants snuggled. These are the times I am so, so glad she is home and can get the adequate snuggling time she needs.

1 comment:

Out Loud said...

the poor little lamb. :( will pray that the gland gets healed completely!