Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Just a quick update

I know I haven't been super faithful in blogging the past few weeks. I really think I will get back in the groove when all the kiddos are feeling completely well. So, I am just going to give you all a boring update. No pictures today.

Eden will be finishing up her medicine for giardia tomorrow morning. I am hoping that tomorrow morning will be my first morning that she has not pooped through all her clothes onto her sheets. But.....if that is what greets me we will smile, pull up our sleeves and dig in yet again. Her appetite wasn't as good today. Could be that silly parasite is dead and not demanding so much food. Overall, she is as happy as always and busy. Have I said lately that I am in love with her?

Tristan. Oh Tristan. He is on antibiotics right now and getting over a double ear infection and tonsillitis! My family was together on Sunday and we took the poor miserable little guy. I apologize to all my family yet again for having put them through listening to his screams for most of the day!! I think the medicine is making him slightly cantankerous as well.

Judah and Shane are still being helpful, having their little disagreements and I am continuing to try to help them resolve conflict without harsh words and brute force. Yesterday Shane called Judah a stinker so Judah told me, "He called me a stinker so I had to whip him." Hmmmmm....we have a ways to go yet with conflict resolution. It is a mystery to me how to keep the testosterone from dictating the outcome of the fight.

I have been feeling bad that Judah and Shane haven't been getting as much one-on-one time with me lately but Shane has suddenly become super affectionate. He has never been one to hug and kiss me. But lately he has been coming to me numerous times throughout the day, hugging me, kissing me and telling me he loves me. My heart is a goner!!

Mark has been working long days as this is his busy season! I have been through this season enough times now to know what he needs from me is to hear that I am fine and we are having fun times even on the long and not so easy days. I don't lie if my day feels overwhelming. I voice my frustrations but then assure him we'll be fine.

Tomorrow I will try to sum up what our first month with four children has entailed. And I will make sure I post more pictures. What fun is a blog without pictures of adorable children?

1 comment:

Betina said...

We have 2 things in common - My oldest daughter's name is Eden, and we have both adopted from Ethiopia through Dove. Your little Eden is so sweet.

I enjoyed your pictures etc from your trip. I loved seeing Almas and remembered the amazing soups she would always make. The people at the guest house were so amazing.

Your family is great, at least according to your blog.

Thanks for sharing your story in the Dove newsletter.

:)Betina.