Saturday, April 26, 2008

A few pictures and a story

We were eating dinner a few nights ago and the boys were listing their best friends! The list was some of their cousins and each other plus God and Jesus. Really cute! Judah started listing all the things that Jesus has done for us, suddenly stopped and said, "Well, what have we done for Him?" A very thought provoking question for a little guy. Well, really a good question for anyone. Shortly after that he stated that sometimes Jesus can't be his best friend and these were his exact words:

"When I am being mean or being a villain than I can't be His friend." I was thinking to myself, "Villain? Where did he come up with that word." Shane must have been thinking the same thing and also wanted to set Judah straight. So Shane said, "Judah, we are not villains. Villains are robbers." Good that we got that whole scenario sorted out. Here are the boys in the backyard getting ready to break open one of the remaining duck eggs. Notice Judah's stick over top the yellow egg? Shane wasn't as interested in breaking it open. Is it just me or does Shane suddenly look like he has grown an inch or two?
And here is my Tristan boy. Again, any of you that would like to pray for him please do. He is has been sick for almost two weeks. He has had a few days in the middle of the two weeks were he was doing better. He had high fever again this evening and is just really miserable. I don't know if it is a continuation of the virus he had last week or if we are dealing with something new. We were at grandma and grandpa Eveleth's tonight and they laid hands on him and prayed for him. My in-laws always challenge me - they quickly pray and believe for healing no matter what ailment you are dealing with.
And here is Eden when she wasn't feeling good this week. Notice the snotty nose and redness around her eyes. She had a crazy rash that spread all over her body. The doctor felt like it was viral - fifths disease. Goodness!! We have had our rounds!! And we received some preliminary results back today for some tests they are running. She also has giardia!! No big surprise to me. I am the one changing her sheets every morning and changing her clothes at least once a day. She will start her medicine on Monday after the pharmacy orders it in. We should be getting other parasite test results on Monday as well. Just a day in the life of me right now. I love my children, I love my husband, I find comfort in knowing we are walking with a wonderful Father and I keep looking forward to when the babies are better!!

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Becky, these are your investment days--your days of learning to "die to self" and be unselfish. Bless you as you dry the stinky diapers! I've been hoping you're not taking too much on besides incorporating Eden into the family. It takes time and energy. Especially with fevers and sickness! ~Aunt Edith