Monday, April 14, 2008

Random photos

Here is Eden proudly displaying her rather rotund belly. This little girl enjoys eating and being without the encumbrance of clothing. She fits right into this family. Hopefully we will be able to curb the peeing outside on the trees with her.
We are loving the warmer spring weather around here. The boys have been outside quite a bit. I get a lot of satisfaction watching Judah and Shane playing together. Usually they get along quite nicely. They do have their days though.

Here is Shane reluctantly posing for the camera. He is so stinkin' cute!!


And here is my little man. After having a rough week transitioning from no longer being the baby of the family Tristan has returned!! My happy and carefree little boy is once again cruising around the house at a high rate of speed. And the giggles are often and loud. I really missed hearing his laughter. He came to me on Friday morning and voluntarily said, "I love you." This is completely out of character for him. After telling me he loved me Tristan came out of the horrible grumpy shell he had been entrenched in for over a week. From that moment he has been night and day different. I think he finally forgave me for bringing another baby into his world. This was no small answer to prayer!!

Eden enjoys having her picture taken. As soon as she sees me aiming the camera in her direction she crawls for me. I have a hard time getting really nice pictures of her.

This is Eden's typical happy little self. She has so much personality and loves to giggle and laugh. I love knowing she seems comfortable with us and with being here. We are so, so grateful that God brought her to our family. Already it feels as though she has always been a part of us.

There is a story behind this picture. Tristan loves opening and closing the microwave door. We used to put a chair by the counter so he could spend 20 minutes just opening and closing the microwave. Well.....we remodeled our kitchen this winter (yeah for me!!) and we now have a microwave that is over the oven. The old microwave was in the basement waiting to be taken to the salvation army. One morning Mark plugged in the old microwave so that he could warm something up before leaving for work. It was a very early morning and he didn't want to possibly wake up the kids. We forgot the microwave was plugged in and went on our merry way. Tristan decided to take one of Mark's travel mugs and put it in the microwave one morning. Forgetting it was plugged in we just let him open and close the door. As you can imagine he activated the microwave, walked away and we had no idea until we smelled this funny plastic smell. Upon investigating the source of the smell the above picture is what we found. One very melted plastic travel coffee mug, broken glass and a charred microwave. So much for passing it on. These are the things that make me laugh during the course of my busy days.







2 comments:

Eric H said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eric H said...

Hahaha!!! The "nuked" microwave is so much better than the "hand soap in the dishwasher" incident from my childhood! You surely have the four most beautiful and entertaining kids (not related to me) in the world!! I'm glad I get to play with them from time to time.