Saturday, February 27, 2010

Bodily Functions

I have said before that Eden loves, loves to antagonize. Two of her brothers in particular always respond with just the correct amount of frustration to encourage her further. It starts very early in the morning - usually sometime shortly after 6:30 and continues throughout the day. It is almost funny if you wouldn't have to deal with it day in and day out. But oh my!!! It makes me tired.

Now, I am going preface this part by divulging that we aren't overly cautious about the words our children say. We have never used "code" words for body parts. That is why Eden and Tristan have lengthy conversations about her not having a penis. We have never called farts nicer things like toot, stinker or fluffer. They are what they are - farts!

So, Eden's new favorite way to antagonize Tristan follows along something like this:

Eden: I farted!

Tristan: Did you fart in my face? (usually asked from at least 5 feet away)

Eden: Yes! (with her classic mischievous grin)

Tristan: Mom!! Eden farted in my face!! (at decibel levels you would not believe followed by immense amounts of wailing/screaming/gnashing of teeth!!)

Seriously....this happens everyday. And sometimes more than once a day. Every time they are not even close to being able to touch each other. And every time I have to laugh because I think it is so funny!

And if you think I am a terrible mom for letting my little children say fart than I invite you to come spend a week at my house and you will realize that I really have other more important things to worry about right now.

3 comments:

steffany said...

The word "fart" is used in our house as much as the word "love"
We are a family who loves each other and farts constantly. It is what it is.

steffany said...

You got an award.

Lauren said...

This is hilarious! And why not label things correctly!

Love your blog, hang in there!