Monday, February 1, 2010

Longing, Dreaming

I cannot explain the longing that churns inside of me. A longing to return to the beautiful country of Ethiopia. To throw open the windows to let the warm morning sun stream in after a night of sleep. Walking out onto the porch and sitting in the sun while I wrote in my journal. Having the guesthouse dogs meander by. Watching the tortoise's plod across the yard. Having the fresh squeezed orange juice. Drinking the freshly roasted coffee. Hearing the beeping of the horn alerting me that my ride was there to retrieve me. Going through the gates at the guesthouse and out into the city. Seeing the beautiful children in their school uniforms walking in large numbers to school.

I have had two very distinct dreams over the past few months. In the first dream our adoption agency called to inform us that Eden's half-brother had been relinquished. In the dream I cried and cried. I was so overwhelmed.

The second dream happened a few weeks later. Mark, myself and Judah were in Addis Ababa. We were in some sort of market and then at the airport getting ready to leave. It was so incredibly vivid!! I can still remember every detail.

Who knows - maybe our agency will call with news of Eden's brother and we will be in Addis with Judah.

Time will tell.......

1 comment:

Beautiful Mess said...

ooohh! That is amazing. We'll see.

To God be the glory!

Jen