Thursday, February 4, 2010

Pray People Pray

I have been reading and been watching what has been happening with the Ugandan adoption process. Head over to www.aplacecalledsimplicity.blogspot.com for some details. My heart is breaking for families that are split up and separated right now because they are legal guardians to their children but our government and the Canadian government are halting their visas. This is huge!!

About a month ago I talked with an adoption agency and the director of their Ethiopian program informed me that she is urging people who are desiring to adopt to move on it! She said she is seeing similar warning signs as she has seen in the past with countries such as Guatemala and Vietnam who closed things down. I thought maybe it was a scare tactic on her part to get us started on the adoption process but as I have been watching things unfold in Uganda for the past few months I am starting to wonder if she is right??

Today I am praying for these families. For perserverance. And I am also praying for the governments involved! Will you join me??

1 comment:

Beautiful Mess said...

Thank you for helping spread the word. One of the families effected is someone I care deeply about. My heart breaks for everyone though!

So tough!

Thanks!

it's neat to see the connectedness of it all though...