Sunday, April 1, 2012

4 Years Ago Today......

....we stepped off our flight in State College after hours and hours of travelling to be greeted by family and friends. We had finally arrived home with our baby girl! I cannot believe 4 years have passed already. The days haven't all been easy but I can say with absolute certainty they have all been worth it! To see you blossoming and continuing to unfold in front of our eyes is our confirmation. You have an amazing capacity to love that only He could give. You are resilient, tenacious and fiery! You are quick to ask to help me with any and everything. Your eyes sparkle and your arms hug fiercely. You are a gift that we treasure greatly! My only regret is that we couldn't come for you sooner. That I wasn't the one to rock you to sleep at night. That I wasn't the one to see your first smile. You are an awesome blessing to our family and you have been instrumental in other people choosing adoption!

The emotions of our homecoming day have been playing over and over in my mind today. Heightened by the fact that my brother is arriving home today with their precious Ruthie and Manny! I am amazed by the little details that God orchestrates. Steve and Sharon have been waiting to bring them home since the very end of September and they arrive home on the 4 year anniversary of Edens homecoming!! Our God is amazing! Not only will Eden have cousins that share the same cultural heritage but also the same homecoming day. I have sat here today in tears numerous times over His amazing goodness!

Ruth and Manny, we are celebrating with Eden today and are anticipating your arrival home. You have been hand picked by God to be placed in an amazing family. Your parents and brother and sister have labored, languished, prayed, laughed and cried over you! You have been pursued, chosen, cherished and given a new name! Welcome home!!! Our kids are waiting in anticipation of when they can finally meet you. And so am I!!

No comments: