Thursday, April 26, 2012

Smattering of Pictures

I am having strange issues with blogger since they changed the formatting of things.  My pictures are showing up all out of whack and things seem to appear and disappear.  I am going to blame it on blogger solely.  Not my lack of computer skills.  Or stress.  Or sleepiness. 
 Every single time the camera is out Heidi has to get her own shot somehow.  And then she proceeds to confiscate the camera and take extremely flattering pictures of me.  I will keep them to myself though.  You can thank me later.
 Eden has participated in a dance class for the past semester and has enjoyed every single minute.  I bet you can't tell.  Click on the picture to view it better since it is so dark.
 Oldest and youngest child!  Love knows no age or color!  Just love!
 And what a little love she is!  Not so little anymore though.  At her 2 month checkup this week she weighed in at a whopping 11.9 pounds and was 24 inches.  This means in the span of one month she gained 2.9 pounds and grew 2 inches!  She is rolling from belly to back and scooting all around her crib.  She smiles pretty much as soon as someone is withing eyesight.  She nearly goes ballistic when she sees and hears me now.  Makes me happy!  There is something altogether different this time around.  It is the most amazing feeling that she knows me as her mama!  She really does!  She loves me, prefers me, snuggles into my chest and squeals happy sounds when she hears me.  And I love her! 
 Every time I turn around someone is touching and talking to her.  Not even kidding!
 See what I mean?
 One of my favorite pictures.  I was cleaning up the breakfast dishes and turned around to see this.  Something melts in my heart when I see my "big" boys loving their littlest sister.
Eden has instructed me to send this picture to Naomi's birth mom in the next batch of pictures.  And we are on the cusp of the possibility of meeting her birth mom.  She has to initiate and then we will comply.  We shall see.

And just to keep it real:  life isn't all as rosy as these pictures are portraying.  Hard days lately at this house.  Believing that He will continue to heal one little heart.  As the words of Natalie Grant's song "Alive" say:  "Alive!  Alive!  Look what mercy's overcome.  Death has LOST and LOVE has WON!!" 

We will hopefully be hitting the hiking trails this afternoon since the boys are home from school.  Not sure if the weather will cooperate.  If not I will need divine inspiration to come up with a second option!

1 comment:

Kim Sublett said...

oh my I need to visit you again soon! I need to squeeze her chubby cheeks! Adorable!