Tuesday, April 17, 2012

A Little Bit of Life

Playing in the laundry baskets after all the clothes were dumped somewhere. On this particular day they dumped an entire load of clean clothes on the laundry room floor. And if you saw my laundry room you would know the floor is not the cleanest! But an empty laundry basket just calls for an underwear clad child and many fun adventures.
These two either love each other or need to spend time on opposite sides of the house. This particular day Eden had decided not to antagonize Judah constantly so they set out on a hike together. Judah was hoping they would find some deer antlers so they hiked around the mountain side for a solid hour but to no avail. They came back with big smiles on their faces about the time I was going to send out the search party. I still get a bit nervous when Judah sets out on his exploration hikes. I have to continually remind myself that he is eleven now and he has assured me he knows this mountain well.
A fun find in the yard one afternoon! After it had been adequately handled and touched it was released once again.
Notice something different about this girl? She is so proud to have lost a tooth even though she cheated a bit. She went to the dentist to get a cavity filled and upon having updated x-rays it was discovered that the nerve and root of her front tooth was dead. I was already suspicious of this since it is nothing short of a miracle that she even has her front teeth after all the times she has whacked her mouth off of things. But a few months ago she and Tristan collided and that tooth was a little askew and it bled throughout the night. I was afraid the amount of trauma that time may be too much for her little tooth and it appears I was right. She was thrilled to pieces to have the tooth fairy come visit her during the night although the girls were a little unsure of how she was going to get in their room. And a few days later after something (we are pretty sure a bear) drug our garbage all over and ripped open three bags to make a lovely mess for me to clean Heidi chipped in and said she thought the tooth fairy got into our garbage. I can guarantee this tooth fairy did not make a huge mess since I already have plenty to accomplish on any given day.

No comments: