Thursday, April 19, 2012

So Far Today......

* I have eaten a caramel cadbury egg with my coffee.  Yes I did.
* I have marveled that my son thinks I am being too strict when I ask him to put his dirty laundry in the basket.  I was under the assumption that was called self-discipline.
* I am also marvelling that another son is so meticulous that he even wants his dirty muck boots lined up under his bed with his other shoes.
* I have breathed deep the smell of a baby.  Still amazed at His goodness in bringing her to our family.
* I am amazed that I can get annoyed by the incessant need for food from my children.  They are growing, right?
* I got to kiss my boys and rub their heads as the bus was approaching while they protested in case someone might see my affection.  Every day this happens and every day I smile while loving them.
* I broke down and let the kids have a small bit of candy.  By 8:30.  What is wrong with my head?
* I sat and read a bit more of my new books:  Keeping Chickens and Canning for a New Generation.  Thinking spring, impending chick arrival and finalizing garden plans.  And tricking myself into thinking I am a pioneer woman.  Because it makes me feel productive.
* I have watched two ducks swimming around and have a hunch they are making a nest nearby.
* I sat in shock as my child who has seriously been non-compliant 98% of the time over the past few weeks responded positively to 2 requests within the first 2 hours of being awake!  Miracles really do happen!  And this mama needs a serious miracle in the relationship with said non-compliant child.
* I have wondered how it is possible to love your children so much you would die for them but in the same breath not like them much at all.  Make sense?
* I have voiced my gratitude to my Maker that His mercies are new every single morning!! 
* I have wondered why someone would choose to pee their pants 5 times in a single day?  Wouldn't you feel pretty gross all wet and smelly?  Apparently when you start feeling gross you just opt to pee on your bedroom floor.  I may join them someday soon out of sheer frustration.
* I have realized how blessed I am to be at home with my children and to meet my boys as they get off the bus. 

No comments: