Monday, April 16, 2012

Look......

who decided to turn 3 already! Seriously seems like yesterday that we were in route to the hospital to meet this sweet little girl. She woke up ready to celebrate her special day. We try not to make a huge deal with parties and lots of gifts but when you grow up in a bigger family birthdays need to be extra special. And yesterday was her day finally!!
Could not resist sneaking this picture of her in amongst the birthday pictures! I absolutely adore her sleepy eyes and bedhead in the morning. My favorite!
Three years ago and her daddy was smitten from the first moments he saw her! And he still is smitten.
Remember this smile? I kind of miss her silly smile. This picture was taken on her birthday a year ago. I cannot believe how she has changed!
And this was near her first birthday!
Yesterday the girls and I were snuggling on the couch for a bit while Naomi was sleeping so we tried some self portraits. They thought is was pretty fun!
Judah snapping pictures of us!
Heidi laying with Naomi. She gets a little over zealous with her affection....... If you know what I mean. I walked in on her the other day picking Naomi up! Goodness!!
And after her big day she crashed in her favorite bed - ours! She has taken to falling asleep in our bed and I have a very hard time saying no to her wanting to snuggle. Especially after the past few months as I have heard of 3 different children around Heidi's age who have died in tragic accidents. I am pretty sure I will never regret letting her snuggle in our bed. My heart literally aches for the families of those who have had to say good-bye to their "babies".
Heidi, you were such a surprise to our family and every.single.day we thank God for you!! You have brought so much laughter, happiness, spunk and silliness to our family. Your sweet "I lub you" that you voluntarily say to me throughout the day always, always makes me smile! I love you to the moon and back!!!

1 comment:

Katie said...

She is a doll! Glad to know her, and you!