Thursday, October 20, 2011

What Goes Around.....

.....comes around! At least that is what I have heard. And in the case of my voracious climber I would say that holds true. According to my mother, I was a climber. I have vivid memories of climbing everything I could all day long as a youngin'. Trees, top beams of the barn, more trees, the roof of the garage - you name it. If it could be scaled, I was on the job! The one difference between Heidi and I is that she gets into everything! That is the motive behind her climbing. My mother says I climbed for enjoyment more than as a means to get what I wanted. Not true with Heidi! There are few places that are safe from her sticky fingers. I had to get rid of my stool in the kitchen that helped me reach things since it also helped her reach things! Pardon the underwear. Pretty much every picture I have of her recently is in her underwear. Partly because she is in such a rush after using the potty that she barely holds still for her underwear and partly because she goes so often that it is easier to only remove one article of clothing. Judge me if you want. I won't even know and she will go on running around in her underwear happily!

She got what she wanted!! She likes to rummage through my cupboards. Her favorite find is chocolate chips!

The past week it has been climbing in the fridge to get stuff. This happens upwards of 342 times a day! Exaggeration is possible but then again maybe not. I remove her. every. single. time and remind her that she could just use words to tell me what she wants. Maybe I will grow to love her independence!

These last few warm days have found the kids playing with sidewalk chalk which they love. I love finding them actually getting along for a few minutes! Honestly, I love anything they do that keeps them from fighting! What I don't love about chalk is the following:

Hand prints and smeared chalk all over the front door.

As well as the walls of the house. But you can't argue that the little hand print is precious!!

1 comment:

adalong said...

Once again...I love your posts, Becky! What a gang!
Ada