Monday, October 17, 2011

A Hiatus

I had a bit of an unplanned blogging hiatus but sometimes life happens! I have been busy canning and freezing the last of the seasons goodness in between perfecting my peace keeping skills with my kiddos. My skills are sorely lacking if you look at the amount of squabbles! And really I have been questioning the pros and cons of this whole blogging world. One of the pros for me is that family and extended family get to stay in tune with what is happening in our world. I have also "met" some really neat people through this blog and am grateful for those friendships (shout out to Charity)!! One of the blaring cons is that you can either accurately or inaccurately paint of picture of your life. I have always wanted to portray an accurate picture so that my weaknesses aren't hidden causing someone to feel inept. Not that I think I am all that or anything! Because I am not! But I have found myself reading some blogs and walk away feeling really lacking. We are not made to compare our lives to others but to walk in obedience to what is laid out in front of us! You can post the right pictures with the lighting shining just perfectly, say the perfect words, protray yourself the way you see yourself (which can be inflated), etc. So over the past two weeks I have been sorting through my feelings and still don't know what I think. Shows you how indecisive I am! So for today I am just going to continue on in the general everyday life and pictures. I am also aware that my everyday life may be entertainment for some so you are welcome! Flying kites on a windy, fall day!!

Don't you love all the colors these two packed onto their two tiny bodies? Heidi insists upon dressing herself now and lets just say it can sometimes be painful to the eyes!

Heidi's favorite part of the day is when her Shane gets off the bus! She asks him to read "dories" and he sweetly complies. If they watch movies or read stories Heidi is usually right next to him! She doesn't seem to understand the concept of personal space in regards to Shane.

We have been spending time with friends soaking in the last of the warm weather! Life is always more fun with friends!

Tristan rocking his "old man" shoes and striped socks! And he actually went somewhere looking like this and I just laughed! Who says that your style should be pre-determined by mainstream media/fashion designers?

We have spent more time than I care to admit perfecting spiderman skills. All in the day of the life......

1 comment:

Barb said...

Please don't stop. I read (mostly in my Google reader, rarely comment but love each and every post. You NEVER come across to cause guilt or comparing and I love you and your blog!!