Monday, October 24, 2011

Real Life

One of my all time favorites of the kids! One of Mark's sisters' took this picture during the summer and I return to it often! I love the freedom that comes with warm weather and am always sad to see it go. Having to get shoes, sweatshirts, hats and gloves on feels so restrictive. I would much rather have the freedom to run in and out of the house with doors wide open. Time to bolster my mind and get ready for the months ahead. Lots of energy that still needs to be burned by growing children but it happens within the walls of the house instead of the wide open spaces of the yard. Somedays I wake up with creative energy and the days seems to go smoothly. Somedays I wake up and things seem to unravel before I can even get my wits about me. Those are the "Little Engine that Could" days. Silently (sometimes not so silently) telling myself "I think I can, I think I can" until the day fades away. A day is never wasted but sometimes they are survived more than enjoyed! There was a time that I felt guilt over the survived days but now I know they are part of this journey called motherhood. And they are equally as important as the days that are fully enjoyable because you treasure those wonderful days all the more!

*click on the picture to enlarge so you can see their expressions even better

1 comment:

Charity Hildebrand said...

So well said, Becky! And their expressions are priceless :)