Wednesday, October 26, 2011

New Blog Link

I added a blog under my links on the right hand side of a blog titled "A Place Called Simplicity". I read this blog almost daily for a few reasons: they have refused the American dream and instead embraced simplicity in order to love orphans, she is a mother to many children and keeps bringing them home even though she should be looking forward to an empty nest and she just keeps things pretty real. I strongly suggest that you take a look at her blog and read over the past few weeks. Especially the past week as they have been awarded the privilege of loving another sweet Ugandan girl! One of my favorite quotes from her ever is this: the only special need a child has is to have a family!! So very true.

I was reading a book to my munchkins yesterday afternoon and happened upon a page that I wasn't sure how to process. It is from the book "Just in Case You Ever Wonder" by Max Lucado and this particular page went like this: And since you are so special, God wanted to put you in just the right home...where you would be warm when it's cold, where you'd be safe when you're afraid, where you'd have fun and learn about heaven. After lots of looking, God sent you to me. And I'm so glad He did.

You already know where I am heading with this I'm sure. I had two children nestled in at my sides and one on my lap as I read this story. I felt two very different emotions at that passage. I felt a sense of peace in knowing that God has in fact granted Eden all those things and yet I felt a gnawing ache as I thought of the 160,000,000 orphans who I couldn't sit down with and read this story too without feeling like a fraud. Now, I am very aware that I cannot take care of all of those children but I know I can do more! How about you? Can you sponsor a child or two? Could you open your home to foster or adopt a child(ren) who might need you? Would you be willing to at least ask God how He might want to expand you? Praying blessings over you as you pursue His heart for you!!!