Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Praying today

Before we get to the good stuff I just want to acknowledge that I am aware my blog is looking a little incomplete and out of whack. I will work on it in my spare time. My eyes hurt when trying to read the writing on the black background so I switched things around. Hope I can figure it all out.

Last night as I was drifting off to sleep the verse in Ephesians 6 was swirling in my mind. "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." I am convinced the uncertainty and the possible changes coming to Ethiopia are in fact powers of this dark world! Too many children are finding hope and the enemy is not happy!

On the heels of that verse was a verse my mother gave to me on Monday. In 1 Peter 3:12 - "For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their prayer, but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil." A promise that I am holding onto today.

I feel much hope! I don't feel like this is a done deal! I am going to intercede on behalf of the children of Ethiopia today. But it doesn't have to stop there. We can pray for closed countries, such as Guatemala, to reopen. We can pray for the sweet extra-special babes in Ukraine. We can pray for our own children that God gives them compassionate hearts.....He is at work in this! Of this I am sure!

3 comments:

Ang said...

Praying along side you.

Shar said...

Heavy heart today for some reason, seems my mind only wanders to the negative "what if's" with all the possible changes ahead! Learning to lay it down...the only place that I find peace!

Grace Eveleth said...

Been praying in India. I was just reading in Ephesians 6 today as well - taking our stand against the devil's schemes. Believing in faith that God will move and the number will stay at 40/day or go even higher!