Monday, February 28, 2011

Our Visit

I know I have mentioned my friend Charity numerous times but did you know I had never met her in person? We connected through our blogs ages ago and since she is half a world away we email regularly to keep in touch and learn more about each other. I feel like I have known her all my life yet I found myself extremely nervous when she wondered if they could come visit. Even though we had talked about it and planned on getting our families together when they were back in the States finishing up the adoption of their son Yohanis I was still nervous. I cannot even begin to imagine meeting a significant other through the internet and preparing for the first meeting. I should not have been anxious about anything! The connection was instant, easy and we thoroughly enjoyed our time with Charity, her husband Joel and their sweet children! I am glad she made me get over my dislike of having my picture taken because this picture of the two of us has become a treasure!
The kids all seemed to have a lot of fun too! Even though I couldn't tell you what all they did since I was busy learning about everything Joel and Charity do in Turkey. I am always so intrigued by other cultures.
Shane and their daughter Vienna became fast pals!
We lined all the kids up, minus Heidi, after they all had their footie jammies on! They looked so cute all lined up.
This picture is pretty much a duplicate of the other one except that Yohanis had clearly thought we had taken enough pictures. He was ready to bale off the couch and get back to his balloon! And Vienna looks like she was rubbing her nose on Shane's cheek!
We are really hoping for another visit before they have to return to Turkey. How is it possible to miss someone you have only met once? And now where you can all help. Joel has an amazing gift. He makes beautiful pottery! While they have been home he has been busy making pottery for an online auction. Since they are in missions this is a way to supplement their support and help with unexpected costs. Would you take some time and browse their auction site? http://www.potteryauction.blogspot.com We now personally have a piece of his pottery and I must say it is exceptional!! You will not be disappointed!! You can click on Charity's blog link over on the side and see more pictures of their visit. She has some really sweet pictures too!

No comments: