Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Birthday Pictures - Finally

Since there is a few less children in the house this evening I decided to take advantage of it and finally post a few pictures of Shane from his birthday. My days seem to swirl together and I sometimes wonder if I should even attempt to continue blogging. If I could connect a USB cable to my brain and download it straight to my computer we would be fine. It is finding the time before my brain is fried at the end of the day to post that is the challenge. But I decided this evening to sit down while Tristan and Heidi are playing to give you a peek into Shane's day!

Shane requested pancakes in bed for his birthday breakfast. We compromised on the location of eating the pancakes since they are messy and he was fine. There was 2 hour delay on his birthday so we had extra time to make the pancakes and bacon and open his presents. We took him out to the Waffle Shop again for his lunch date. He had lots of choices but went with his trusty side kick because they have wonderful hot chocolate and chocolate chip pancakes! I really think there date with mom and dad on their birthday is one of their favorite things. And he finished off his day with BBQ pulled pork, baked mac-n-cheese and corn. I love seeing what each child chooses for their birthday dinner. His Aunt Suzanne made his cake to his specifications! My kids have assured me that while my cakes are good they aren't as good as Suzannes! I have no problem with that because it is entirely true! Her cakes are delicious!
I always like the smokey candle pictures! Shane is a most amazing young man! He has the most sensitive of hearts and the tenacity of a lion! He loves his younger siblings in abundance and loves having Heidi snuggle with him every night on his bed! He plays with them every day and has such a creative imagination. Today they had blankets, sleeping bags and pillows covering the living room floor. For two hours they played that it was a beach, lava and I don't know what else. All I know is it was a huge mess but they had a grand time!
Like I said he has the tenacity of a lion which continues to be a challenge to navigate! He has an amazing inner strength and he does not like feeling controlled by anyone. If he feels like he has no options he shuts down. Tonight he and Judah had wrestling. It is one night a week for 6 weeks so it isn't too demanding. Well.....he decided he wasn't going. Oh boy! When he gets in that frame of mind you can have a war on your hands in split seconds. We told him that he needs to complete what he started to which he informed us yet again he was NOT going! Long story short he eventually went out the door stomping as loudly as possible and hitting the walls as he went. Good grief!! How can a child so sweet and sensitive be so hard headed? Still praying and asking for wisdom to hopefully get through some of this in the next few years!
And now I am going to spend some time with the two littles that are at home with me!

No comments: