Monday, February 21, 2011

Birthday Celebrations

First order of business for this post - MASHA HAS A FAMILY!! I do not know who yet but once I find out I will pass that info along. All I know is that she is spoken for and this makes my once dreary, snowy Monday seem bright! I cannot explain the ache that has plagued me since finding out about her. I know God has more for these little children than dying alone without ever knowing love!

And for the next order of business......

Judah happened to win a reading contest in his class and his reward was getting slimed by his teacher! Not sure that is the best strategy to getting your kids interested in reading. Except that for kids being in the spotlight is pretty appealing even if it means getting slimed! And on to Judah's birthday......birthday's are much more fun when you get to celebrate with friends, right? We packed up the kids after an early dinner and headed to our friends, the Sublett's, for a night of rowdy children and great conversation!
You cannot properly sing Happy Birthday unless you have accompaniment right? Sadie did a beautiful job playing on her cello while we sang!
Eden was waiting patiently for some cake and ice cream!
Hard to believe this handsome young man is 10 already!
Thanks Kim and Stacy for letting us crash at your house for the evening! I love watching all of our kids together. Their youngest is the age of our oldest but they still all mesh fairly well. And it is wonderful having friends who "get us"!
The day after Judah's birthday brought about his birthday date! He opted to just going to Wendy's for lunch because he was in a hurry to get to the skating rink. That's right folks! This momma had to put on some roller skates even though I haven't been skating since I was a teenager. He wanted to roller blade for his birthday date so that is exactly what we did. And do you know what? It was a blast!! We had fun and I actually want to go again soon!
Judah continues to be a very sensitive boy. He is very conscientious and we are hoping that stays through his teenage years! He knows he does better if he gets to bed on time so that can be a source of anxiety for him. There have been 2 times within the past month that he got to bed later than normal. He was so worried and mentioned numerous times on those nights that he should have just stayed home so he could have gone to bed. He would rather be early than late. He knows we leave the house every morning at 7:25 to walk out to the bus but without fail by 7:15 he starts worrying that I won't be ready on time. I have to remind him often that he has only ever missed the bus one time in nearly two years so I think we have a good track record. He is a creator, still loves art, loves to hunt, bird watch and be outside. He likes being around people, is social, thoroughly enjoys school, is highly competitive, doesn't do well with contact sports since he always gets hurt *wink*, and likes David Crowder a whole lot!
I find at times that we expect more out of him for some reason and that is something I am purposing to do better in this next year. Allow him to still make childish mistakes while calling on him to grow into becoming a man! We are grateful to have been blessed with 10 years so far with this sweet boy and look forward to the next 10!

No comments: