Saturday, February 12, 2011

Bedtime Mayhem

What is your bedtime routine like at your house? At least those of you with littles. It is the most precious time of the day in so many ways. Their little hearts become very open and soft, they want to talk about deep things and sometimes meaningless silliness ensues. Somehow though bedtime always drags on and on as the kids all seem to congregate together. Like this night for instance....... I was laying on Tristan's bed singing him his list of songs that never changes and pretty soon there was a pile on the bed. I really do treasure these memories!

So this is the breakdown at our house: Eden asks me to sing Twinkle, Twinkle...Jesus Loves Me.....Jesus Loves the Little Children and You Are My Sunshine - every night! And Tristan asks for the same songs as Eden! After they are snug in their beds we move onto Judah and Shane. For the past year almost every night I have sung Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer and Jesus Loves Me. Occasionally they will ask for something else but it is rare!

As much as I love tucking them into bed I always take a deep breath once they are all settled. Another day finished! Some days are survival, some days are utter enjoyment but all days are blessed! As I head to bed at night I make my rounds. Kissing their heads, fixing their blankets, breathing in the wonderment of my children! How is it that God has seen fit to entrust these treasures to us?

1 comment:

adalong said...

This is soo precious, Becky!