Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Some Pictures

Going against my better judgement I am letting my children have a little bit of TV time this morning so I can get a few things accomplished. And yes....I am blogging instead of getting the dishwasher started. But oh well. Last week we had a lot of down time to try and recover from the previous week and all the festivities. It took me a while to feel like everything was back to normal. Along with everything else I have been nursing an excruciating back for 7 weeks now. I am going to relent and see a doctor finally. At least I think. I told Mark yesterday I will give it one more week to which he raised his eyebrows and gave me the look. Maybe he gave me that look because it is nearly impossible for me to sit anymore. As well as stand/walk. On Saturday I spent a good portion of the morning on the couch because I really could hardly move. And I do have a pretty strong pain tolerance. I am not a wimp when it comes to back pain. When I was nineteen I had an MRI which showed a herniated disc. At that time I had some physical therapy and seemed good to go. I have had flair ups over the past 13-14 years but nothing a few visits to the chiropractor didn't fix. I was all but begging for pain meds on Saturday so maybe that is why my husband is asking me to see a doctor. But who has time, right? But since I couldn't sit on my chair at breakfast I may have to call a doctor. I think I am just afraid of what they will find. Stupid fear again! Anyway......how about some cute children to brighten the day?! Watching the train never gets old. Heidi now climbs onto the back of the couch to try and gain a better view. All the trees make it nearly impossible to see anything anymore.
I mentioned before that some of Mark's extended family came for Grace's graduation. Here is his cousin Brianna with her little girl Karly (sorry about the spelling). She is 3 weeks younger than Heidi so it was a treat seeing them together. Eden loved her and just sat with her for a long time.
Mark's cousin Courtney with Eden. I am not sure what all Eden was telling her but she was getting an ear full. Eden's new thing lately is to attempt to tell Mark all the days events while he was at work. She gets incredibly frustrated if she feels like Mark isn't paying attention. She will say, "I am trying to talk to you!" Just last night I said to Mark, "What are you going to do when Heidi starts talking and we all are vying for your attention and trying to talk over each other?" He just shrugged. His life was fairly simple for a while - only one woman in the house and all the rest carrying copious amounts of testosterone. But things have changed!
I love this picture of Heidi complete with flowers growing out of her head! She is completely mobile now and is super fast! Tristan helped her go outside the other day (without momma knowing). I realized within a minute or two but I wasn't too happy. He assured me that he held the door so that her fingers wouldn't get pinched! So thoughtful!
Last Sunday we spent some time at my mom's house visiting with extended family on her side. While Mark and I both really liked the name Heidi I had a deeper attachment to the name than he did. I have a cousin who I always thought was absolutely stunning! I remember vividly as a little girl wishing I had her dark hair and beautiful skin. Her name just happens to be Heidi and over last weekend we were blessed to see her briefly and meet her two beautiful girls, Bea and Maggie. Eden again was obsessed and wondered constantly where "the babies" were.
This is a three generation picture that Eden squeezed her way into. This is Heidi, her mother Janet and her daughters Maggie and Bea. For those of you who know my mother how uncanny is the resemblance she shares with her sister Janet? I think Eden was a bit confused initially with Janet and my mom but once she saw the babies she didn't care who anyone else was or if anyone else was even there. She was on a mission!!
On another note here is Judah at his awards assembly receiving his awesome artistic talent award! His teacher was an absolute gem and I only wish he could have her again next year!





6 comments:

Charity Hildebrand said...

Just wanted to let you know that Colson, Vienna, Joel and I just prayed for healing for your back! The kids and Joel were playing guitar and singing while I was reading blogs (yes, I know, I'm not supposed to be till after the kid's bedtime) but when I read your latest post we all stopped and prayed for your back! Hope you feel better soon!

Oh and I love all the pictures of the kids. Heidi is getting so big!

Beautiful Mess said...

Love photo blogs!

So cute!

Meredith said...

I haven't seen Janet for years!! Heidi looks more like what I remember Janet looking like! I can see Johnny in Heidi though too. It IS amazing how much she and your mother look alike at this age! Thanks for sharing the photos! Was Becky there? I'd like to see her again. ~Edith

Dave and Heidi Applegate said...

Love that picture from the reunion! Especially since our camera wasn't working that day. Maggie and Bea loved playing with Eden. If they were talking yet, I'm sure they would still be babbling on about her. Take good care of your back! I know what back pain is these days--but yours sounds much worse than anything I've experienced. Hope it's better soon. Wonderful to see you--hope it's not so long til the next time!

Leah said...

Hi Becky :) I just watched a very moving slideshow on another mom bloggers site about adopting their son. I thought of you amidst the tears and wanted to pass it on! I'm following your blog now. I started my own several months ago since some crazy times have arose. I'm trusting in God to carry us through. Also, I am praying your back pain will BE HEALED! I was healed of chronic neck, back and shoulder pain recently which had lasted several months. Blessings~

Leah said...

Oops. Here's the link:
http://www.babeofmyheart.com/our-court-news/