Friday, April 2, 2010

Snapshots of Our Life

Life is busy. We can all agree on that. But I really can't complain about what my busy looks like. I am able to be home with my kids everyday and I am extremely grateful for my husband who works diligently to provide for us. We are blessed! This shot was taken shortly after Heidi woke up. Hence the puffy eyes. Poor girl gets those eyes from her mother. She is walking around everything at this point but doesn't seem overly anxious to be walking on her own. Which is fine with me! She is usually very content and now follows her siblings everywhere. It is not unusual for me to find her, Tristan and Eden playing in one of the bedrooms. And when she wakes up from her nap or in the morning a mad dash is made to her room by all the other kids. In fact, there have been numerous fights about who gets to go in to the room first. They truly adores her! She is usually still asleep when Judah leaves for school in the morning but one time this week he heard her before walking out the door. He asked if he could please go see Heidi before catching the bus. Pretty sweet.
I don't know what to do about her lack of hair. Maybe she could borrow some from her sister??

Joyce, I hope you are reading this while you are gone. You have wanted to see her hair like this for a long time and I am now delivering. Her hair had been in pom-pom's all week and I took them out and picked her hair out. This was the fantastic result!! She loved it!

I found Eden sitting on the steps nursing her baby. This baby was mine when I was a little girl. I remember getting it for Christmas shortly after my sister Beth and her husband brought Isaac home. I was in love with him and wanted a baby that looked like him. So my mom got me one for Christmas. I saved it and now it is one of Eden's favorite dolls.
Totally random picture. I went into Tristan's room and noticed he had tucked in some of his "fluffies". It was kind of freaky the way the monkey seemed to be looking at me.
What my living room looks like about 10 minutes after everyone has had breakfast. And every other room in the house follows suit shortly after.
Tristan trying to shield himself from the wind and Eden loving the wind. Could they be any more different?
Eden helping her dad with the front walks. She took her shirt in and tucked it into her pants - just like daddy.
Judah being a sheriff. He has some of the most random thoughts. But it makes him very endearing. One morning this week as we were walking out to the bus I noticed something lying in the grass that I had specifically asked him to put away the night before. I said, "Oh....look. The tennis racket is still in the grass." To which he responded, "Well, you know mom. Sometimes I am on patrol and can't do it right away." Which means he must have been hunting something.
Being Jedi's and wielding light sabers. Shane got his monster cast off yesterday and now has his walking cast on. He had been walking on his blue cast and now has to learn how to walk again using his knee.
So there you have it. A day in the life of us.









1 comment:

Unknown said...

hahaha becky!! that picture made my day! i miss you all so much!!! give everyone hugs and kisses for me