Friday, June 19, 2009

Therapy

I am pretty sure I discovered a new type of therapy that is less costly and actually more fun than traditional counseling/therapy. It is called Dunkin Doughnuts!! Ummm....haven't had any in such a long time and on a whim today (while driving by) stopped and bought some to surprise the kids. Side note: one of the benefits of having kids is that you can say you are buying junk food as a treat for them while all along you are the one with the craving. It just makes you sound like a fun mom.

On to the therapy. I highly recommend it for any and all ailments. I must warn you though - it just is a band-aid for the symptom and doesn't really get to the ailment itself. Just putting a disclaimer in there so someone can't come back and blame me when their circumstances haven't really improved.

Why, you ask, could I possibly need therapy on this beautiful non-rainy (yippee) Friday? In a nutshell having a chronically fussy baby, attitude ridden toddlers, slightly (or not so slightly) unorganized house are just a few things to make me run for the yummy goodness of a doughnut! If you find that this therapy is effective for you as well just put a gift card in the mail for more doughnuts as your way of paying me for the information! Happy eating everyone!

2 comments:

steffany said...

sounds good to me:)

Amy said...

Doughnuts are great, but it is coffee that soothes me :) I think it is beyond therapy for me... coffee drinkers anonymous maybe! I am not kicking the habit anytime soon :) I did join the messies anonymous group on yahoo :) they send little email encouragements everyday, pep talks... "you can do it, you can make that bed!" I just filled up a whole pillowcase with unpaired socks. Avé sewed it shut and now it is a dog bed :) There were a few socks I couldn't part with yet, even though I don't have the matches, I am hoping they will turn up. I think that may be a sign of a deeper problem :)