Monday, June 15, 2009

Dog Days of Summer

Don't really know what the dog days of summer technically means but I am quite sure we are in full swing around here. Plenty of dirt being drug into the house, perpetually dirty children, water fights, bike riding, bubble blowing, chicken chasing......we'll get to that in a minute.

A few days ago I was upstairs and I heard the two little ones escaping out the basement door. I went out shortly after and this is what came wheeling around the garage.

Judah had come into the house and gotten a beanie hat to protect his head from a bee that he was convinced was after him. I guess the hat was going to protect him? I didn't realize Tristan and Eden had followed suit but here he sat in front of me in 80 degree weather with a beanie hat on his head. I ran for the camera because he looked so cute.

Upon arriving back outside I saw this site coming around the garage as well.
The hat, the sticks, the binkie.....I think she was pleased that she had somehow gotten past me with her binkie in her mouth. The binkies have been sequestered in their rooms. Slowly learning to live without them and they are doing pretty good with the new boundary.
After taking these pictures I took the camera inside, came back out, turned back around to retrieve the camera to capture the torturing of the chickens.
Here is Tristan chasing one of the chickens with a ruler.
Eden took over when Tristan put the ruler on the ground. The chickens have been confined pretty much all the time so having the ability to chase them around was great fun! I am of course wondering how my life must look to folks who may happen upon this blog as I am typing this. Oh well. If I start caring about what people think now I will work myself into a stew and I really do not have time for the inner turmoil.
Apparently my kids are missing winter? Hence the gloves and hats being paraded around on my children. Here is Shane in all his sweetness.
The mighty hunter on the prowl. We have had a depletion in our chipmunk population due to the increasing hunting ability of this young man. Look at that sweet smile. How could he possibly help cute little chipmunks meet their demise? I only hope there isn't a particular season to hunt chipmunks and if there is please do not turn us in. He likes making rock sandwiches with his chipmunks. I will spare you the details. Just use your imagination.

And the little miss in all her beauty. Everyone should have a small dose of Heidi everyday!

1 comment:

Valerie said...

i love the hat parade. and the ruler chasing!! judah with that gun is kind of scary! i don't know what i imagined him hunting with from your previous posts, but i think i was hoping for a little slingshot and stones that he killed little animals with. i definitely think you need to photograph and post a picture of a chipmunk sandwich!