Friday, June 12, 2009

Two Months Already

Just when you think you are on the brink of insanity life starts feeling a little more reasonable and manageable. This past week was the best week yet. She seemed a little more settled and content for which I am incredibly grateful! She is starting to smile quite frequently and starting to coo as well. What is it about seeing an innocent babes smile and first attempts at communicating? It grabs me every time! She had her two month check-up today and weighed in at a healthy 11 pounds 13 ounces!! Not wasting anytime. She has gained 5 pounds since birth! The vaccinations haven't made her so happy though.
I am amazed at how quickly time goes by and yet hours can feel eternal. Having an infant brings that reality home over and over.
This week has been a wonderful gift from God in so many ways. The biggest gift being that I am thoroughly enjoying my children again. I have been so tired and drained that it made it hard to enjoy life. I am walking out from under the guilt I had put on myself and am realizing that life has so many seasons. I guess Solomon did know what he was talking about.
So tonight I am not wondering who signed me up for this gig called motherhood but am instead enjoying the moments. And we have had numerous funny moments today with pictures to go along. But they will wait until next time!

1 comment:

Dave and Heidi Applegate said...

Hey Becky! So nice to hear from you on our blog, and to finally "meet" your amazing family on yours. Wow. I'm sure twins would be a walk in the park for you--5 kids!! Just amazing. That sequence of photos of Eden with the flower is really great--she clearly has a ton of personality and is just so beautiful. But I guess I'd have to say that Heidi is my favorite. Hmmm, I wonder why...

I also really loved reading that bit about how clutter makes you crazy. I'm exactly the same way, but when some friends visited recently and commented (with a not very well disguised tone of horror) on how much our house had "changed," it made me realize I've ceased to care about such things. Happy girls are all that matter to me.

Enjoy these beautiful early summer days with all those beautiful children! Love, Heidi