Monday, June 1, 2009

Celebrating Eden

Yesterday was Eden's second birthday! We didn't do anything too extraordinary - just loved her and what she adds to the family. Complete with numerous tantrums that were outweighed by her sweetness. I will post some pictures soon of her cake (made by aunt Suzanne - yummiest cake ever) and her from throughout the day. The pictures posted below I took last week but was waiting to post in honor of her birthday. They are so stinkin' cute and capture her little personality so well. Smelling an iris that her brother Judah picked.
Ah yeah....she is a killer!



Does anyone know what could be causing the differing pigmentation in her skin?

Seriously people! Could she be any more expressive? And now the sweet subject of this post is toting around some not so sweet odors! Time to run.....

3 comments:

Valerie said...

happy birthday, eden!!

becky- there is a disease i've seen a lot in india that can cause parts of the skin to lose their pigmentation. it's pretty stark though, and the patches don't usually have fuzzy edges (like eden looks) but have very stark edges between the regular pigmentation and the lost pigmentation. i believe it's called vitiligo. you could ask your doctor about it.
val

steffany said...

Diezel has that. A lot more noticeable on him because he's a lot darker.
It seems like it comes and goes.
Haven't paid much attention to it lately.
I'll let you know if I find anything out and visa versa.

She is adorable.
My 10 year old was like,"wait go up...aahhh look at that one." when I was scrolling through the pics.

Meredith said...

E & D have gotten it a bit. Once in a restaurant a lady told me it comes from milk. If I remember correctly, she was of African descent. I don't know if that's true or not. I figure milk is so good for them, I'll put up with some discoloration. It did go away for them, later.