Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Typical Days

Some people ask me how I home school the boys, take care of the two little ones and not go crazy. I must admit that there are some days I think I must be insane. And then I have many days where I realize I wouldn't trade my life for anything. Honestly, I try to keep my life as free of outside demands as possible. This helps me tremendously in maintaining my sanity. If the majority of my week is spent at home with very little running around I find my stress levels staying at a very manageable place. I know the thought of spending an entire day at home with four children would cause some people to loose their sanity but it sure helps me keep mine. I have days where I wonder what it would be like if my two older children were enrolled in school. But then I would miss things like watching Shane teach Tristan his ABC's. Tristan loves to sing the phonics songs and point to the letters while repeating the names after Shane. It is accomplishing two things at once: Shane is teaching his little brother the things he is learning while solidifying it in his smart little brain and Tristan is learning his ABC's. I am learning that Shane enjoys teaching much more than being taught so if I can incorporate it in is daily lesson somehow it helps keep the peace.
And I would also miss the mayhem that ensues when the boys have a break from their work or are finished for the day. Like pulling Tristan and Eden around on a boogy board meant for the water. We are finding that it is just as much fun to sit on it and be pulled around.
And lets not forget you could never wear your pj's to school or go shirtless. When it starts getting cool Shane wears his pajama's nearly all day. I used to make him get dressed in the morning but he just loves, loves pj's. And I can't blame him. I would live in mine too if I wasn't afraid of someone stopping by at 1:00 in the afternoon and seeing me in them. So....to those who wonder what it is like to home school while having toddlers: it is sometimes ridiculous almost always crazy but completely worth the effort for me. At least today I feel that way.

No comments: