Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Catch-Up

I realize that I haven't blogged for quite some time and have a bit of catching up to do. I find that my weeks seem to go so much quicker since we started school again. I think the easiest thing to do is highlight some of the fun things from last week.

Monday - Eden had her 15 month check well check. She is almost 17 months but was behind on some of her vaccinations so it was technically her 15 month check. She received 4 shots which made her very sad until she was offered a lollipop! Suddenly, all was well in her world again. She is now 22.6 pounds and 30 1/2 inches long. The doctor said it was obvious when she started receiving better nutrition. He also wondered if she liked to eat. Hmmm....all the time!!! I have never seen a child have such a love affair with food.

Tuesday - The boys had gymnastics and when we arrived there were lots and lots of people there. Turns out the Olympic silver medalist, Alicia Sacramone was at the gym meeting people and signing autographs. The Olympic team was in town to perform at the BJC but they somehow pulled some strings to have her come and inspire all the young gymnasts. I mentioned to the boys that they are hoping to have one of the Olympic men gymnasts come in the spring. They were excited and then Shane said, "I really hope it is Michael Phelps because I want to see his 8 gold medals." Uh...I think it would be really stretching it to have Phelps there especially since he is in another sport altogether. I couldn't bring myself to dash Shane's hopes though.

Thursday - I loaded the kiddos up and took the three boys for haircuts. We always joke at the salon that it looks like a daycare when we arrive. The boys did great and Tristan sat in the chair all by himself this time. Usually he wants me to hold him but I explained that this time he needed to try to sit by himself. All went well and my boys are no longer shaggy.

Friday - I had a dr appointment and heard the strong, fast heartbeat of the next Eveleth. The doctor said, "Well...we don't always hear the heartbeat this soon but since you are thin it shouldn't be a problem." He put the doppler on my stomach, didn't even have to look and we heard the baby! There are so many steps along the way that I love and enjoy and hearing the heartbeat of new life is always exciting and never gets old!

Saturday - We watched good old Penn State hang on and beat Ohio State! Good times.

Sunday - We went to church and then spent the afternoon outside even though the Eagles were playing. It was so beautiful that we couldn't miss the sunny day. Mike, Donna and tribe stopped by later in the afternoon on their way back from Pittsburgh and we watched the Steelers game with them. It was a sad, sad game even though we (our house) are not Steelers fans.

All in all we had a great week and everything seemed to run smoothly. This morning while working on math Shane brings up the whole subject of the devil. Sometimes I wonder what sparks his questions. So, over their math lesson we had a deep theological discussion about how the devil was originally one of God's angels who desired to be worshipped himself. So he and the angels who chose to worship him instead of God were kicked out of heaven. Shane then wondered where hell is and Judah told him it is in the center of the earth. I am sitting there wondering, "How did we get into this discussion and how do I answer these questions." In the meantime Shane says, "I definitely do not want to go to hell and I love God ALOT!" To which Judah agreed but Judah confessed that even though he loves God he still sometimes fights and is mean to his brothers. I was getting ready to explain to him that this is in fact the very reason we need Jesus in our lives - because we cannot do this in our own strength. Shane beat me to it by saying, "That is just life Judah." Huh....yes, our selfishness and tendencies to look out for numero uno are all a part of life. Sounds like Shane knows a little more than I do sometimes.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

oh man! i can't believe you saw alicia sacramone! (I am a HUGE olympic gymnastics fan.) also, how great your boys are in gymnastics? it seems like a great sport for the energy of children.