Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Sandbox

I realize that I have become very lax in keeping up with my blogging posts. I think I am averaging only one post a week. I must do something to change that. Here is Eden with her messy nose completely thrilled about being covered in sand from head to toe. And when I say covered I mean COVERED. She gets the sand completely caked in her hair and scalp and it is nearly impossible to remove it.
In case any of you need a superhero Superman lives at our house. Just give us a call and we'll send him on his way. Shane did his school work today in his spider man getup. He is so cute. What is it about boys and superhero's? Shane is perched on our stair railing in this picture - definitely not too safe. But he is a superhero after all.
Here is Judah working on his school work this morning. We are trying to figure out what to do with him. He is now in second grade and it only takes him an hour to do his reading, writing, spelling, phonics and math. Of course we do Science and History as well. Judah just seems to fly through his work. I know we are only in our first week and most of this is review so maybe things will change a bit. Otherwise......I'm not sure how I will keep him challenged. Except maybe double up on his work and get through two grades this year. Just kidding. Although I'm sure he could handle it.
Here is Shane pretending to be Prince Edmund from the Chronicles of Narnia. One of our all time favorite stories is this: When the first Narnia movie was released on DVD Shane would have been three years old. We were watching it with the boys and we got to the battle scene towards the end of the movie. You know...were Aslan and Peter show up to help defeat the white witch. Well....the battle is raging and suddenly Shane runs out of the room. He soon returns with a pistol in one hand and a sword in the other hand (play weapons of course) He stands in front of the TV and yells, "How do I get in there!!" He was completely ready to jump in the fight. Oh...how I love the warrior hearts in little boys.
As I said before Eden's new favorite place to play is in the sand. Pretty cute, huh?
I was trying to get some pictures of all the kids together since our 6 month post-placement is coming up and I will have to submit more pictures of Eden and the family. I can hardly believe we have our second post-placement visit scheduled already. Where does the time go?
Our entire swing set area has sand so it is one big giant sandbox. Fun, fun, fun!
Just look at Eden's clothes. She went through three outfits yesterday simply because you cannot bring her in the house after playing in the sand without removing all articles of clothing - including her diaper.
This is one of my absolute favorite things about Eden. She crosses these two fingers all the time. When she is eating, playing, yelling.....these fingers are very often in this position. I just find it very cute. One of her little quirks.

2 comments:

ltwnstd said...

Eden has a bunch of teeth!! Savanna doesn't have the slightest hint of a tooth and she will be one on Sept. 6th.

Ellen T said...

aw...such cute pictures. my nephew is also crossing 2 of his fingers. maybe it is a sign for the new generation.
go judah...keep up the good work with school.