Wednesday, August 20, 2008

End of Summer

I find it hard to believe that summer is coming to an end! It just seems to have gone too quickly. We are gearing up to start school next week and I am really ready to get back into the swing of things. Although there will be aspects of a more loose schedule that I will miss. Here is Shane doing.........? I find him sometimes with the most unusual combinations of things. Here is one of them. He was riding one of Tristan's toys and talking to himself. He must have liked how he sounded with the protective ear thingies on. I don't know what to call them - they are supposed to be used while using a chainsaw.
We took the two older boys to Delgrosso's today to hang out with them. Judah has been communicating to us lately that he misses doing "fun" stuff with us now that we have two little ones. While there is some validity to that we also know he has a tendency to forget the fun stuff we have done and only focuses on his list of unfinished things. So we packed them up, met Tori and Lucia at the waterpark and rode the water slides. After we were freezing we changed and went to the amusement park. I am pretty sure I am officially old now or something. I have never been so freaked out while riding amusement park rides. Geesh!!! I was sure I was dying a few times. The boys found it particularly thrilling that their mother was so scared. They thought it was awesome! I should have counted how many times I heard that word today.
I love these pictures of the boys holding hands and walking together. One of my greatest desires is for them to grow up as best friends and not loose that friendship as they move on. They are so precious!
I know this picture isn't very good but here is Judah coming down the one slide. He was tall enough this year to go on the biggest slide. One time he came down, ran over to me and said, "I met a new friend at the top. His name is Tyler." And he ran off again.
Here are the boys watching some of the Olympics before bed. I love how they are all lined up on pillows the same way.
Judah and Eden hanging out and eating pretzels. I am pretty sure Judah eats more than just about any other kid I know.
Tonight Mark took the boys back to the park to continue their riding marathon. I was way, way too tired to even think about going with them. So, I spent some sweet time with the little ones. Man, I missed them today. I kept seeing all these sweet babies and I just wanted to snuggle one of them. So......I came home, sat on the floor with these two cuties, tickled them, snuggled them, looked at books with them and just felt pretty blessed. I had five hours today with the older two and a few hours at the end of the day with the younger two.
Please just overlook the negligence of the mother in not wiping this cherubs nose. I didn't feel like having a wrestling match so she is looking a little crusty.
Please take note of how her hair is growing. I found some new hair products that make her hair insanely soft so now I can't touch it enough.
Here is my little man. I showed him his picture and he pointed two things out. He said, "Eyes. Binky." One of these days I will have to start the separation from the binky. But like Tori said, "He won't have his binky when he is 20 so don't get too worried."
And this is Eden's horribly sad face when she doesn't get exactly what she wants. Like shoes at Target or in this case - oatmeal before bed. See the little tear about to slide down her cheek? Oh.....now looking at this picture I kind of regret not getting her another snack before bed. But she had already had two banana's this evening. Anyway......until next time.

2 comments:

ltwnstd said...

What are you using on Eden's hair? I've found Curly Q's custard that I really like. Savanna's hair has grown and thickened up a ton since we brought her home too.

I enjoy reading your blog and am amazed at how well you've kept up with it this summer. Ours is in need of some updating but it won't be until after school starts. 7 kids all summer just doesn't allow for it!

Enjoy the last few days of summer vacation,

Lana Torgerson

Ellen T said...

I love the picture of the boys watching the olympics...so sweet.
You are a good one at documenting fun times.