Tuesday, May 19, 2009

These Days

I have every intention of posting almost everyday but by the end of the day all I am left with were the good intentions. I am finding that with two toddlers and a baby I do not have too many spare minutes in my days. And when I find a minute I try to connect with my older two or do the myriad of household things that need done. One of these days things will feel like they are returning to normal and I will feel inspired to write more often. Over the weekend we celebrated Mark's sister Hannah's graduation from Penn State. We had the family over on Sunday and had a great time. I think the highlight was taking turns ripping around on the four wheelers. I had to look away more than once - especially when Joyce was riding. She doesn't hold anything back!! What happened to my "throw caution to the wind" attitude? Motherhood does strange things to you. I was planning on going to my aunt's wedding on Saturday but sadly my van decided to have some problems on Friday. It isn't a major problem but still isn't fixed - supposed to be fixed on Thursday. I must say it feels really strange not being able to go anywhere for a few days. Not like I have energy to pack everyone up and gallivant around. I was just sad to miss seeing all my relatives.
Heidi continues to grow and I have myself almost convinced that I see a change in her cheeks almost everyday. They are quite chunky!! And irresistible. They must be kissed over and over! We have seen a significant change in her sleep patterns and her overall comfort level with her chiropractic care. I cannot say enough good things about it! Such gentle adjustments with fantastic results!
Notice Eden's hand in this picture. She was going in for a kiss. I am coming to terms with the fact that Eden has no concept of gentle which can cause unpleasant moments foe Heidi. She means well, dear girl.
One of my new all time favorite pictures of Tristan. He is so photogenic.

Eden being silly!!
Snuggling with Heidi in our bed. I had just fed Heidi and laid her on the bed so I could get dressed and Eden saw that as an opportunity to make her move.
Another sweet picture. This is the only tree Tristan can climb in our yard which is good since he is only two feet off the ground.
Watching an airplane.
Just being her cute little self.
After her dedication at church on mothers day.
Judah and Shane pushing Tristan and Eden in their swings. This is probably the two younger ones favorite thing to do right now. Eden is content to just sit in the swing and dangle in the breeze. She sits there singing and swinging.
Playing with the chickens on a beautiful afternoon.
The real question most people want answered is: "How are you holding up?" I am doing great most days, okay some days and not so great on a few days! I am keeping my expectations low and trying to get a few things done everyday that are at the top of my "to do" list. All in all I am doing good.
And now I must go get dinner in the oven since Heidi is sleeping. Until next time.....

3 comments:

Meredith said...

We missed seeing you at the wedding. Your photos are lovely and really capture the wonder of childhood. I like the one of Eden watching the plane and the older boys pushing swings for the younger ones. May brotherly love continue! You had Mark's family over? Sounds like you're getting lots done!~Edith

steffany said...

I love all the pictures.

Koelle said...

Heidi really looks like you, Becky! She's beautiful! It's amazing how fast they change when they are so little. I love the pictures of the kids. It looks like you are all very well suited in your new home - the space does you good! One day at a time, one minute at a time sometimes, is how it goes with kids, especially newborns. Say hello for me! Thinking of you all!