Thursday, January 1, 2009

Bringing in the New Year

I had ample time today to sit down and blog but.....I laid on the couch with Tristan while he slept and Eden was asleep upstairs. I wasn't feeling the best today. We went out with some friends for dinner last evening and then stopped by another friends house to play some games for a bit. (Thanks for the invite Kim and Stacy) We made it home, I stayed up a bit to see the new year come in and promptly began to feel nauseous. I woke up multiple times during the night thinking I was going to loose my dinner but kept everything down. Needless to say I didn't feel the best today either but we again went to spend the evening watching the Penn State game with some friends. The kiddos enjoyed getting out but I am feeling the same nauseous feeling. Tristan and Eden haven't had great appetites this week and haven't been quite themselves so maybe I am just fighting off a mild bug.

Anyway, I have been mulling over so many things in my life. There are times I feel like God puts things in my life to open my eyes and draw me deeper into Him. One of my dear aunts sent me a link to a blog on Christmas day saying she thought of me. This woman has inspired me, challenged me but has been an instrument of God to call unto my heart yet again. She is candid, honest and I suddenly don't feel alone in my mothering of a lot of youngsters. I found myself sitting this afternoon in a quite house (Mark had Judah and Shane out with him doing some furniture shopping) and I was reading this woman's blog again. There is life in her words and an obvious giftedness in so many areas. The beauty for me is this: my aunt happened upon the blog, thought of me, sent me the link and as a result God has been speaking to my heart. Things I already know deep within but seem to need someone else to reiterate. Tonight I feel a peace at where I am in life. Mother to three beautiful sons, a beautiful daughter and another daughter on the way. A wife to a man who loves me, loves God, is deeply devoted to his children and who has allowed his heart to be demolished for the broken (especially Africa). I am okay and actually great with knowing that what I do on an everyday basis although seemingly insignificant carries great worth in the sight of my Father. I know I am loved and rest in the fact that I cannot do anything that would help gain favor with my God. He loves me just because!! Go check out the site at http://www.xanga.com/resolved2worship

I am hoping tomorrow to blog about the phenomenal documentary that Mark and I watched the other night called A Walk to Beautiful!! I'm sure some of you have heard of it but again - my heart has been stirred for the beautiful women of Ethiopia and long for the day we can return.

2 comments:

adalong said...

Mim sent us the blog, also, because of the photography, and we are amazed at this family. We see some similarities to you and your family. God bless you in this new year!
Love, Ada

Ellie said...

Hey! Thank you so much, you are so sweet. The song is called "I saw what I saw" by Sara Groves. I love it. :)