Monday, January 26, 2009

Oh So Helpful!

One of the things I love about my husband is that he makes me laugh. And he thinks he is funny which makes me laugh more. He has this great sense of humor and he catches me off guard so often. Here are two examples just from this weekend alone.

Example 1: Mark was heading in town to the store and asked if I needed anything else. I said if he found a good dose of sanity I could sure use some. His response was, "Well, I think you can buy that at the liquor store." Obviously, a glass of wine to sooth the nerves is not an option for me right now which made it even funnier for me somehow.

Example 2: We are getting ready for bed last night and I was doing the whole wash your face, put on eye cream (hoping they help the perpetual bags), moisturizing the face.....you get the picture. I made a passing comment like, "Just trying to preserve my skin which is kind of stupid because it really is a loosing battle." His response was, "I hear formaldehyde is a good preservative."

He is very, very good for me. He makes me slow down, focus on the what is important and lasting, puts no pressure on me to have a perfect home, loves me unconditionally and makes me laugh to the point of hysteria often which is exactly what I need to help keep my sanity. I am blessed and love my man!!

1 comment:

The Harts said...

I had no idea my brother was so funny! :)

I would love to post things that Eric says, but I don't think any of them are appropriate! Maybe next time we come over I'll share....