Thursday, January 8, 2009

Icy Weather

Because of the icy weather I haven't seen too much of my husband for the past three days/evenings. I'm not complaining that he is working. Just missing my evenings with him. Today he has been trying to get the ice off all of his accounts after applying ridiculous amounts of salt. It isn't going too great! But....he is staying positive. He is slightly disappointed that he can't watch the big bowl game tonight. I talked with him an hour ago and he had quite a few hours ahead of him yet. I got all the kids tucked away in bed and than soaked in a tub of hot water. It felt really very, very nice although I felt bad that he is out in this cold weather while I am nice and snug.

All this to say that after a few long days it seems Judah and Shane become more sensitive to helping me without asking. I really appreciate how helpful they have been and how well they have listened. It hasn't been easy for them being cooped up not going anywhere. After I realized Mark would be working a very late night I told the kids we would order a pizza instead of me cooking. I kind of loose interest in cooking when Mark isn't around to enjoy it. Plus, there is always at least one child who has some complaint about what I make and I wasn't really in the mood for that tonight.

When I took Eden and Tristan upstairs to brush their teeth and get their jammies Shane came along. I was working with Eden in her room and I had to run over to Shane and Tristan's room for something. I walked in and watched as Shane tucked Tristan in and started singing him his bedtime song - Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star. It was absolutely the most precious sight. All on his own Shane was initiating helping me get the little ones tucked in and even singing the bedtime songs. I cannot tell you what that does in my heart. It is just nice to see the tenderness between siblings when it is so often not tender between them. You catch my drift! I hang onto any positive moment I catch between my kids and tuck them away in my heart!

No comments: