Thursday, December 4, 2008

Some Pictures

We are onto something new at this house - the two little ones like to now watch Thomas. Well...Eden may prefer something else if she ever had the chance to choose but Tristan is pretty set on his Thomas movies. This has helped me tremendously since it gives me a half hour of uninterrupted time to help the boys with their school work. I'm sure I will regret it someday but for now this new phenomenon is pretty sweet!!
The boys had so much fun at my sister and her husband's cabin this weekend. This constructive gear set was a big hit!!
Even though it was very cold (at least to me) the boys spent a considerable amount of time down by the creek skipping stones and playing in a natural fort Judah discovered.
Here is an area in the fort where you can get some shelter in case of rain. Now keep in mind these are all things I was told by my son - I didn't come up with this stuff.
Shane and I on one of the very "comfortable" couches a.k.a. a fallen tree.
The two boys together on another couch. This fort had a speaking room (what?), a library, a living room, hallway and so much more!
Here we are at the entrance of the fort about to get the full tour.
The weekend was nice but I am reminded this week of why we so seldom take all the kids away for a few days. The following week is murderous!!! It seems to take the kids so long to get back into the groove of things and everyone has to have their attitudes reworked. I have had one good day this week and all the rest of them have been excruciating!! I am tired and ready for a new job description. Can anyone relate?
I just got the two little ones to sleep so now it is time to try and get some things done around here and spend some good time with the older two.

Updated:: after nap time everyone was in much better moods - including the mom. Judah spent an hour outside hunting birds, Shane and I played Sorry, I scrubbed some floors, we had snack time and suddenly life isn't so bad.

1 comment:

steffany said...

Yep, can relate on some days:)
Love all the pictures