Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The Grinch

Last night as I was sitting in Tristan and Shane's room (our little implementation of "the plan") Shane leaned over the top bunk and whispered, "Mom. The grinch's heart was 3 sizes too small." I agreed and that was the end of the discussion. I really wish I knew what makes him think of these things.

"The plan" is to sit next to Tristan's bed for a few nights and make my way to the door and then out the door. So far it has worked great!!! Tristan hasn't made an attempt to get out of bed and falls asleep relatively quickly. And he hasn't woken up until 4:15 the past two nights. Actually, last night I fell asleep on their bedroom floor at 9:00, woke up and stumbled downstairs to the couch around 10:00, made my way back upstairs at 10:30 and slept real well. I felt wonderful today!! The past two nights he has fallen asleep by at little after 9:00 (versus 10-10:30) and has only woken up once. Much better than the three times a night that have been habit. I almost hate to say it has been going well - I don't want to jeopardize anything. Ask me again in two weeks.

I have some cute pictures from the weekend at the cabin but I haven't downloaded them yet. Maybe tomorrow!

1 comment:

Valerie said...

woohoo! that's great!! here's praying to it goes even better the next two weeks!