Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Sunny Days

Yesterday, while Eden slept I took Tristan outside for a while so he could do his most favorite thing. Jump on the trampoline! He is becoming quite proficient at jumping and then pulling his legs up to bounce on his butt. My favorite thing about the whole activity is what the static from the trampoline does to his curly hair. And also hearing him yell with excitement!
Here he is mid-jump with his tongue sticking out. I love his little nose!
After a good bounce one must sit and contemplate life for a spell. I enjoy this little guy so much! Especially when he is feeling well. He is not too fun to be around when he is sick - he makes sure we all know how he is feeling. I had to take him back to the Doctor Saturday. His tonsillitis had cleared up but his ears were still infected. So....another round of stinky antibiotics. But at least he is feeling better and beginning to get back to his normal sleeping patterns. Which is just getting up once a night and then crawling into bed with me sometime around 6:00 to snuggle and doze. I love those early morning times with him. I just said to Mark the other day that I wonder when those times with Judah and Shane stopped. I know we still snuggled and talked in the morning when I was pregnant with Tristan but it must have stopped shortly after he was born. Makes me sad that those days are over with the other two boys.
Judah and Shane playing in the backyard yesterday under our big maple tree.

After a good hefty rain we get a rather large puddle behind our maple tree. This lot is actually our neighbors but she lets the boys play there. There are obviously some drainage issues on her back property but it makes things fun for the boys. They took out their playmobile pirate ships, noahs ark and any other boat they could find to play in the water. Very muddy and gross! But apparently fun.
Some fun things I overheard yesterday:
Shane uttered these words while playing and wrestling with Eden: "You are gorgeous!" and "Ouch! You kicked me in the crotch. Did you know that crotch is another word for penis?" Uh...I highly doubt Eden knows what you are talking about but thanks for helping with her education.
Shane and Judah talking while I am feeding Eden:
Judah - "Man!! She sure does eat a lot! Maybe she is storing up for the winter."
Shane - "Yeah! I bet she is going to migrate."
Me thinking to myself - "I think he meant hibernate."
Judah after playing outside: "My brain, blood vessels and heart are saying they need energy and I trust them." After a drink of cold water - "My heart says he got his energy back."
Yes, we do have fun times around here. Sorry there aren't any new pictures of Eden. I will get some posted real soon.

No comments: