Monday, May 5, 2008

Pirate Invasion

We had some really cute pirates that converged on our backyard today and proceeded to float around for a while. Fighting the bad guys (aren't pirates the bad guys?), doing a lot of yelling and most importantly not fighting each other. The weather is beautiful and the boys were inside complaining they didn't have anything to do. Judah had all his school work finished by lunch time which is pretty typical so I was beginning to think the day was going to get interesting if they didn't find something to do. I gave them quite a few different ideas and for some reason pirates resonated within them today!! So.....here they are!!
Shane wielding his sword. He must be a really kind pirate because in almost every picture he was grinning!!
Judah was trying to act annoyed at having his picture taken.
The pirate ship in all its splendor!! They brought out blankets from their beds and the girly flags that welcomed Eden home at the airport. Their pirate image could use some improvement.
Eden getting in on the action a bit!!
Whoops!! Same pirate ship photo. Oh well.
Judah with his tough guy face and Shane with his warm fuzzy face!!
Eden doing her favorite thing outside - swinging!!
And Tristan sitting in the stroller day dreaming. I don't know why he wanted to be in the stroller since he is against confinement of any kind. So before the day is over the pirates will have to set sail. But while they are here I feel very safe and protected. I'm sure they will be in soon to pillage and plunder the cupboards and fridge.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I like your playhouse! Looks like your family is enjoying the nice weather also! Did you get my e-mail reply (long reply), just thought I'd check since the first e-mail got lost, I loved getting your e-mail! Send me another soon!