Thursday, March 13, 2008

My Baby Boy




Today I am spotlighting one of the sweetest boys in the universe. My munchkin Tristan! He honestly invokes feelings in me that I have never felt before. Now, don't get me wrong. I love all my children totally and completely. There is something about this little man that just completely melts you. He is very different than our other boys. Well...they are all very different. But the only word I can ever come up with that really describes Tristan is quirky! He is just plain quirky! And hilarious!!

He does everything at his own pace and in his own time. He didn't get his first tooth until he was almost 13 months old - and didn't get anymore teeth until Christmas day which put him at 17 months of age!! He desperately wanted to eat everything but only had two teeth for the longest time. Over the past two months he has sprouted I think eight teeth.

He didn't move at all - crawling, standing - until he was 11 months old. This was completely different than the other two boys. But...when he started moving he was into everything!! The first time he stood up in the middle of the floor without assistance he just took off walking. He fell alot but kept getting up and walked the length of our house.

And then there is the fact that he is going to be 20 months in one week and has only slept through the night maybe 10 times. Yup - you heard me!! This woman has some serious sleep deprivation!! I have always had a lot of energy and recently while talking with my mom I said, "I don't know but I think there might be something wrong with me. I am tired all the time." She just kind of laughed and said, "Do you think it might have something to do with the fact that you haven't gotten much more than a handful of solid nights of sleep in two years?" Hmmmm.....I guess that makes sense.

And you know, even with all the sleepless nights I am completely and totally in love with this kid!! He has brought an abundance of laughter and joy to this home. He lights up the room wherever he is and complete strangers comment on his beauty. I don't know how he will feel about that if he keeps hearing the word beautiful when people describe him. But you know what? He is beautiful!!!

And he isn't my baby anymore. This fact could make me dissolve into tears but it is part of him growing up. He is in a big bed now since Eden will need his crib. He loves his bed and thinks it is great!! Last night when Mark and I checked on the boys before we went to bed (we make our rounds every night to give them their last bedtime kiss) he looked so little in that big bed. We both wondered how this happened so fast!

But no matter what, he will always be one of the loves of my life!! No way around that.




1 comment:

Ellen T said...

So very cool that you are writing about all your wonderful children!! I look forward to hearing more.