Monday, March 10, 2008

Early morning find


So....I am an avid reader of many blogs since starting on this journey of adoption. Of course I learn very valuable information, ideas and tips from other people who have been through this same experience. But some of my favorite blogs have nothing to do with adoption. At some point, when I become a little more blog savvy, will post the links to my favorite blogs so you all can check them out.




On to the purpose of my blog. Since I have such a large extended family (I will divulge the ridiculouse and mind blowing number another day) and many friends I decided that this would be an easy way for those who want to catch glimpses into our life to be able to do so. This will not only be about the addition of our little one but also the accounts of the many crazy days spent raising a brood of boys!




With that in mind let me just tell you what transpired at our house this morning sometime around 9:30. First of all, I am pretty sure this would only happen with boys. So those of you who may only have a house of girls - let me just say sorry for the lack of excitement in your world. Unless you have a daughter like one of my aunts who I believe peed over the banister one time (I will not mention any names - you may thank me later) Or a daughter like my friend (again no names) who is now married to a man finishing up his masters at Harvard. She peed in the trash can one time and it took her mother a few days to figure out where the foul smell was coming from. No. If you have mothered one of these "types" of girls you may have an inkling of what it is like having a few boys. I digress-back to the story at hand. My dear husband informed his sons a few days ago that he found a mouse nest in one of his tool drawers in the shop. So...last night they decided to set some traps to see if they could catch anything. This morning they remembered and ran out to see if they had succeeded. Shortly thereafter, my ears hear excited shrieking and exclaiming coming closer and closer to the back door. They burst in the door and loudly proclaimed, "We each caught a mouse! Come see!" Being the very brave mother that I am, I round the corner to accompany them outside. But wait!! What is this in my kitchen?!! Two darling boys, two mouse traps, and two very, very dead mice! What made this all the more delightful for them was the not so dignified reaction of their mother. Didn't really need my coffee this morning. The mice worked wonderfully in getting my blood pumping. And folks, it was only 9:30 by this point. After all this excitement we met some friends to play at an indoor play area. The kids had a ball, I had some adult interaction (thanks Lara) and the boys got tuckered out! Honestly, it really is never very dull around here. Even if my boys say they are bored. Those days are few and far between.

2 comments:

Out Loud said...

i love how shane's hat is on sideways like that! lol... and those rats. ugh! i want to go wash my hands now. and i didn't touch them. i just looked at them touching them!

whatcamefirst said...

becky, this is so fabulous! ahh, i love the stories. i cannot believe how much shane's looks have changed!

its been a couple of years since i 'blogged' avidly but i think this will easily become a much-need and very welcome break in the workday!