Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Mild winter days


Is it just me or does the winter begin to feel really long once the end of January rolls around? Everyone in our house starts getting a bad dose of cabin fever and it just seems that the warm spring sun is not coming fast enough. This year even though the winter has been pretty cold the boys have played outside a lot. We had a short mild stretch in January which pleased the boys tremendously. One day they went out and shortly after I here a knock at the door. This was a little confusing since the boys never knock. I figured it was maybe the neighbor boy. So I answer the door and see these two little boys looking at me. I didn't say anything but just waited to see what they had to say. "Is it okay if we play in the mud mom?" My response was, "Uhhh....a little late to be asking, don't you think?" And yes, it got worse after the picture. I figured I would be soaking the clothes anyway. They may as well get their fill of sliding in the mud. They had a grand time, got hosed off outside and went straight into the tub. I of course had to soak their clothes as well as the dark ring in the tub.
And for those of you noticing the shorts and t-shirts being worn in January - I know, I know. I should make them dress a little more appropriately. I felt really fortunate that they had any clothes on at all. To them clothes should be optional. A few days before Christmas I sent them to some of our neighbors houses with cinnamon rolls that I had made. Now, this was not a mild day. I set the rolls on the counter, called the boys, gave them instructions on who to deliver them to and they were out the door. I guess I should have said, "Get dressed" as well. I look out the door as they are running to Mike and Jeanie's and neither or them have coats. Apparently shoes and shirts were optional too. Shane only had a pair of shorts on. I'm sure Jeanie about fainted at the sight of them but it was too late. They were already almost to the door. Oh well. Thankfully Jeanie had two boys herself and thinks it is cute when they "hide" behind trees to pee. Goodness. Where is their mother?
Over the next four days I am going to spotlight each of my children. I will mix things up - not oldest to youngest or vice versa. So, I guess you will have to wait to find out who is lucky number one.

No comments: