Monday, March 17, 2008

Judah





Well, I decided to interject some thoughts about Judah today and will do the "Eden part 2" post on another day this week. I decided to wait because we should be receiving her updates mid-week and of course I will have to post her new picture!

Judah.......so many words come to mind. Expressive, dramatic, reactive, black-n-white - no gray, intense, likes to debate.... He has the sweetest smile and the most beautiful chocolate eyes! And those eyes are like mirrors into his soul. You never really have to guess how he is feeling. They can shoot fire or be so soft. At the end of the day when I lay in bed and think back over what went on that day I can see the humor in all the intense situations we have to sort through. And believe me, there is rarely a day that goes by that everything seems okay in his world. There is usually something of catastrophic proportions. I feel frustrated so often with him but when I sit back and keep things in perspective I can see his strengths in the middle of all the chaos.

He is not a follower - he is usually a leader. He is a very law abiding citizen. He is very aware when we are not going the speed limit and is also aware of every other driver on the road who is speeding. He trys to always eat healthy (except for his sweet tooth) and he does a knock out job with his eating habits. Lately his goal for eating healthy was so he would be strong enough to beat Tyler the next time they wrestled. He had pretty lofty goals - he was hoping he could pick him up and throw him against the wall. He had the best of intentions. Just a little rough.

He is very tender towards animals and loves his kitty. One minute he is ultra protective of his cat and the next minute he is so frustrated that he wants to kill the cat. Believe me people - there is one story of his intent to harm his cat that I will spare you the details. It still kind of alarms me. So, he loves animals yet wants to shoot rabbits and birds with his BB gun.

He loves swimming and is always the loudest kid at swimming lessons. I think everyone enjoys his loud antics. He loves boy scouts and just had his first derby car race. He didn't win and was a little upset about this but has plans to beat all the competition next year. He is already planning what his car will look like. He received all his awards and patches at the race and we were so proud of him!! He didn't completely grasp what all was going on but we explained things later. He has enjoyed showing his beads and awards to people who come visit.

I can hardly believe he is 7 years old already and he seems to be turning into a young man already. He is very sensitive to me and is still very affectionate . I sure hope that doesn't change for a very, very long time. He still loves to snuggle and isn't wierd about holding my hand in public. When does that change? He doesn't care that I see him in his "naked" either. That is what he calls it - "his naked".

The one thing he is most excited about Eden's arrival is seeing her smile. He isn't too sure about girls toys and is very adamant that girls stuff cannot be lying around the house. I love watching him grow but am already very aware that time is moving far too fast.

No comments: